How can we fill our lives with the Word of God?
- Read the Bible each day aloud!
- Write down Bible verse on index cards, decorate, and put in a prominent place
- Type up Scripture verses and/or passages on the computer
- Listen to Praise & Worship music on CDs or MP3s that have Scripture verses or psalms set to music
- Listen to Bible on CD
- Read the Bible aloud to children with extra expression, sound effects, and dialects
- Stash Bibles around the house--read when you can!
- Get away once a month for 3 hours to read the Bible and pray
- Sing old hymns (they have a lot of Scriptural content), psalms, and praise songs
Focus on one verse or passage each week or month
- Read aloud
- Memorize part or all of the verse or passage
- Write it down on paper and decorate the paper
- Explain the verse or passage to someone else
- Ponder the words, their meanings, and application
- Start reading a passage
- Ask the Holy Spirit to stop you at the verse He wants to teach you about
- When He stops you, use the verse to examine your heart and behavior
- Pray for God's help to apply the verse to your life.
(Meredith Ludwig Curtis)